- Day Camp Team Leaders – Learning Experience for Teachers (LET)
We are very pleased to offer the following summer opportunity for ALL elementary, middle and high school teachers. As an LET participant, you will be learning and leading activities focused on introducing children to engineering concepts. It is a fun, collaborative environment where teacher participants apply what they learn about engineering in a sustained informal-educational setting. Teachers will assist the program by offering feedback and ideas while supervising approximately 12 (elementary or middle school) or 24 (high school) students, providing mentoring, team facilitation and behavior management, while collaborating with other team leads, undergrad counselors and high school assistant counselors.
The engineering education skills learned and practiced will be a tremendous asset in the future for engaging students in more traditional classroom settings and for developing various STEM-integrated academic lesson plans. Applicants should be interested in learning how to use engineering problem-solving methodology to facilitate academic connections in their classrooms. They should be highly motivated and enthusiastic individuals, interested in hands-on activities, and able to work well with peers and children.
Stipend Rates are $130/day for time spent in the camps and in training. Daily camp hours run approximately 8:00am until 4:30pm. Additional time may be required before and after the daily camp session. Lunches are provided during the camps and training sessions. We are not limiting teachers to selecting camps based solely on the grade levels that they currently teach.
To apply: We are no longer accepting applications for this program.
NC State University Graduate and Undergraduate Students
- Day Camp Counselors – Elementary, Middle and High School Day Camps
In the Elementary, Middle School and High School camps, college students help lead teams of 12 to 24 campers in hands-on engineering activities. The position involves mentoring student campers, being a a role model leading all activity testing, managing team-to-team activity communications and facilitating teamwork effectiveness. Applicants should be enthusiastic, motivated and have experience working with children in a group environment.
To apply: NCSU students may apply via ePack #105828
- Residential Camp Counselors – High School Residential Camps
Residential counselors live on campus in assigned dorm rooms and are responsible for a group of at least 12 high school rising juniors and seniors. The week begins with a Sunday camp check-in and ends with a Friday departure. During the week, counselors plan and implement a variety of social and recreational activities, provide insight into being an engineering student and help campers meet one another. Counselors need to be able to co-lead groups of campers, take direction from the assistant camp coordinator and collaborate with peer counselors. They need to be enthusiastic and have a passion for engineering. Previous experience leading student teams is preferred.
To apply: NCSU students may apply via ePack #106140
- The Engineering Place Summer Support
This person will be responsible for managing the materials and processes in The Engineering Place’s Resource Room and providing backup support for summer camps, summer outreach, and contract camps. They will also be responsible for managing camp survey input processes, real time data generation, and report compilation. Additionally, they will organize and support camp operations. Overall commitment is 20- 30 hours per week. Position pay is $10/ hour.
To apply: NCSU students may apply via ePack #106142
NC State Graduate Student
- Assistant Camp Coordinator – Elementary, Middle and High School Day Camps
- This position begins in January, working in a flexible schedule 5 – 10 hours per week until the end of May and involves preparing for camp with updates to the application system, determining materials requirements and preparing for training sessions. In June, July and the beginning of August, the schedule turns into a full-time, 40 hours per week, M – F position and entails leading the high school assistants with the preparation tasks for each day at summer day camp.This position requires leadership experience and excellent communication skills. Requirements include attending daily meetings with the teacher team leads and counselors, leading and directing responsibilities for the high school assistant positions and ensuring facilities are set up, activity materials are provided and removed, drop-off/pick-up processes are handled smoothly and closing presentations are prepared.To apply: This position has been filled for 2019
- Assistant Camp Coordinator – High School Residential Camps
The Head Residence Counselor will supervise a group of High School Camp Residence Counselors. This position requires the individual to live on campus and manage all camp related aspects from Sunday camp check-in to the Friday departure process. They will lead the planning and implementation of a variety of social and recreational activities and act as a role model to the camp counselors and attendees. The Head Counselor needs to be an enthusiastic leader and have previous leadership experience in working a camp or residential program with high school and/or undergrad students. This position begins in early spring working 5 – 10 hours per week until the end of May. The month of June is a full-time commitment with presenting counselor training and managing three weeks of camp.
To apply: This position has been filled for 2019.
High School Students
- Assistant Camp Counselors – Elementary, Middle and High School Day Camps
Camp assistant duties include preparation of activities and materials, organization of materials and cleanup, and assisting with the supervision of children during outdoor activities, field trips, and movement around campus. Camp assistants are expected to interact with campers and should be friendly, enthusiastic and industrious. Candidates must be at least 14 years old and should have previous experience working with children.
To apply via NC State Online positions: Apply via this link.