Update or Add Your Directory Profile
Instructions on how to update your College of Engineering faculty and staff website directory profile.
How to update your directory profile
Update basic contact information
The College of Engineering faculty and staff website directory syncs basic contact information daily from the university campus directory.
Updates to a campus directory listing must be made by the user by logging into MyPack Portal.
- Log into MyPack Portal
- Select the Employee Self-Service page.
- Select the Personal Details tile.
- Select Campus Directory Listing.
- Make appropriate changes to each item.
- Preferred Name
- Directory Job Title – If left blank, the directory title will be populated from your information in the HR system.
- Associated Departments – Associated departments will include departments associated with all current active appointments. For questions or to discuss potential necessary changes, contact your departmental HR representative.
- Work Location / Address – The work location designated as Primary will be used for the directory.
- Phone – The phone number designated as Business will be used for the directory.
- Email – The email address designated as Preferred (normally the Business address for active employees) will be used for the directory.
- For active employees, contact your departmental HR representative to change your preferred email address.
- Select Save/Refresh.
In most cases, changes will be visible in the campus directory the following day. Occasionally, changes may take up to two days to process.
Other information including bio, CV and publications can be included in your COE directory profile. For details, refer to the How to add your profile to the directory section below.
How to update your directory profile photo
You may update your College of Engineering faculty and staff website directory profile photo by sending an email to email@example.com. Please include the photo you’d like to use in JPG, PNG, or other commonly used image file format.
It’s recommended that your photo be in a square format with a minimum size of 500px by 500px. If you need help editing the file, please mention this in your email.
Keep in mind that a profile photo needs to be of professional headshot quality in relatively high resolution, uncropped and with you as the only person in the image. Casual selfies that you might post on social media are typically not appropriate for use in the online directory.
If you prefer to have your headshot professionally taken, the NC State Career Development Center has a free service offering professional photos for NC State faculty and staff. Click the button below for more information.
How to add your profile to the directory
You may request to add your profile to the College of Engineering faculty and staff website directory by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include the following in your message:
- Unity ID: this is used to import your profile from the university directory (DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR PASSWORD). Please ensure that your university directory basic contact information is up-to-date. Follow the directions in the How to update your directory profile section above.
- Attach a profile photo. See file format and size recommendations above.
Listed below is optional information that can be displayed on your College of Engineering faculty and staff website directory profile.
- Introduce yourself and describe your role, responsibilities and background. You can also list your website, office hours, course schedule, etc.
- Titles/Roles/Positions that you may hold in addition to your primary position pulled from the campus directory.
- Department affiliation(s).
- CV or resume in PDF format. Alternatively, you may link to your CV or resume hosted at a separate URL address.
- Type of degree
- Degree program
- Year earned
- Description of research and areas of expertise.
- Indicate if you’d like to have publications shown from the University Libraries Citation Index.
- A “View all publications” button will display beneath to provide access to a full list of works.
- Indicate if you’d like to have grants shown from RADAR.
- The number that can be displayed at one time is between 1 and 20.
- Displayed results can be sorted either by Most Recent or by Highest Amount.
- A “View all grants” button will display beneath to provide access to a full list of funding.
- Honors and awards
As these items require manual editing, please allow up to 7 days for requested changes to be displayed on your College of Engineering faculty and staff directory profile.