6/5/2023 UPDATE: The College of Engineering’s 2023 Day and Residential Summer Camp slots have been filled for this season. Our application system will open again in January 2024 to accept new applications. We wish you all a wonderful summer ahead!
We look forward to welcoming our campers to our campus and sharing our love of making the world a better place through engineering.
In the meantime, take a peek at what some of our campers did during our 2022 HS Day Camp. Each summer during our 9th/10th grade day camp, we search out faculty, grad student, and alumni mentors that lead one of a number of engineering challenges pertaining to a given department so that our campers get a wide view of the types of topics that engineers solve problems to help people live a more fulfilled, happy and healthy life.
Our camps are American Camp Association (ACA) accredited
ACA Accreditation means that your child’s summer camp cares enough to undergo a thorough peer review of its operation — from staff qualifications and training to emergency management. American Camp Association collaborates with experts from the American Academy of Pediatrics, the American Red Cross, and other youth-serving agencies to assure that current practices at your child’s camp reflect the most up-to-date, research-based standards in camp operation. Our ACA accreditation provides you with a piece of mind and the assurance we provide a safe, high-quality program for your camper!
Summer Engineering Camps
Campers are expected to follow the NC State University community standards for COVID-19 safety protocols. Please keep in mind that these protocols may change based upon new information. In addition, the following expectations are required at this time, but subject to change as conditions changes:
- Masks are optional in the classrooms and labs.
- Pre-camp COVID tests are not required.
Raleigh NC State Campus – Day Camps
- Summer Programs for Elementary School Students
Kindergarten through 5th
- Summer Programs for Middle School Students
Rising 6th through 8th
- Summer Programs for High School Students
Rising 9th through 10th
Raleigh NC State Campus – Residential Camps
- Residential Summer Programs for High School Students
Rising 11th through 12th
Partner Camp Locations
Young Investigators’ Summer Program in Nuclear Engineering: July 10-28, 2023
- In addition to The Engineering Place’s Summer Programs, the Department of Nuclear Engineering at NC State holds its own residential camp for high school students and is now accepting applications for its Young Investigators’ Summer Program in Nuclear Engineering. The camp is open to high school rising juniors, rising seniors and graduating seniors. Participants explore through group projects, labs, lectures and industry field trips how nuclear science and technology solve everyday energy, medical and other industrial challenges. Further information about the program can be found here.
- Cost: $1500 for 3-week residential program (includes accommodations, meals & industrial trips)
- Questions about the Young Investigators’ Summer Program ONLY: Lisa Marshall, Nuclear Engineering, Director of Outreach, email@example.com
Send a Child to Camp
The NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc. (NCSEF) was chartered in 1944 to secure private financial support critical to the improvement of the College of Engineering (COE). The Foundation continues to raise funds and engage with alumni to support the important work of the people who define the College. All gifts to the College, its departments and programs, make a difference in the ability of engineering students and faculty to fulfill their own dreams and make a positive impact on the world.
We welcome your tax deductible donation to sponsor a child for summer camp. To donate to our rising kindergarten through twelve grade day and residential summer camps, please use this link or make a check payable to NC State Engineering Foundation and send it to:
NC State Engineering Foundation
Campus Box 7901
North Carolina State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7901
In the memo line of the check, please put COE Summer Programs.
Raleigh Camp Employment and Teacher Participation Opportunities
Interested in joining the camp staff?
Check here for information about summer employment and teacher participation opportunities in our Raleigh camps.
Find us on Facebook!
Check out our summer camp photos on Facebook. You do not have to be a Facebook member to view them.