Prospective Undergraduate Students
The best way to find out if the College of Engineering at NC State is right for you is to visit our College and participate in one of the information sessions that we offer to prospective students and their families each week.
|Mondays & Wednesdays*||Fridays*|
|Meet at 118 Page Hall||Meet at Room 135 Golden Leaf Biomanufacturing Training and Education Center (BTEC) on Centennial Campus|
|1:30 pm||1:30 pm|
|Duration: ~1hr||Duration: ~1 hr (information session); ~30 min (tour)|
***Additional Tuesday/Thursday sessions are available the weeks of April 17th and April 22nd.***
The following organizations also host additional information sessions/tours.
- Department of Biomedical Engineering – Tours and info sessions are on the second Friday of the month through April. Meet in EB III room 4153 at 10 am until about 11:30 am. To ensure session staffing or to arrange your own visit, please register here.
- Department of Chemical & Biomolecular Engineering – Tours are generally conducted every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, when classes are in session from September through April, at 1 p.m. (Meet in EB I first-floor atrium). Specific dates are listed on the registration page. To ensure session staffing, registration required by 4pm the preceding Thursday – please register here. For day-of assistance, please call 919.515.7455.
- Department of Civil, Construction, & Environmental Engineering – Tours are conducted every Monday, when classes are in session from September through April, at 3:00 pm (Meet in Mann Hall Lobby). To ensure session staffing, registration required by the preceding Thursday – please register here.
- Department of Computer Science – Tours are offered every Friday, when classes are in session from September through April, at 3:00 pm (Meet in EB II lobby East). To view the academic calendar please visit the Student Services Center. For day-of assistance, please call 919.515.7847.
- Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering – Tours are offered every 1st and 3rd Friday of the month, when classes are in session from September through April, at 1 p.m. To view the academic calendar please visit the Student Services Center. The tour group should meet in the EB II lobby West, just outside of the Troxler MakerSpace (Room 1004). For day-of assistance, please call 919.515.5086.
- Department of Mechanical & Aerospace Engineering – Visitors may use the MAE Self Guided Tour 2018 at their convenience.
- Hunt Library Walk-In Tour: generally, Fridays at 3:30. Please refer to https://www.lib.ncsu.edu/visit/walk-in for exceptions and more information.
- Engineering First Year program
- College of Engineering Resources & Student Success
- Joining an engineering department
- Opportunities for undergraduates
University Admissions Information Sessions and Campus Tours
We recommend, if it is possible, that our prospective students and their families also attend the University’s Admissions Information Sessions and Campus Tours offered through the Admissions Office. Their campus tours highlight general points of interest for the University as a whole.Sign Up for an Information Session
Prospective Graduate Students
If you are interested in pursuing a graduate degree from one of our engineering departments and would like to visit that department, please contact the department. You can find a list of key contacts on the Graduate Academics website.
You may also find the university’s virtual campus tour helpful.