Engineering Scholarships Available at UNC Asheville
Engineering scholarships at UNC Asheville are merit-based and are intended to recognize significant academic achievement by students actively following one of NC State's engineering curricula. These include the Joint Bachelor of Science in Engineering with a Concentration in Mechatronics and those of the 2+2 Engineering Program.
The following organizations have generously supported engineering programs on the UNC Asheville campus:
- American Institute of Industrial Engineers
- American Society for Quality Control (now American Society for Quality)
- Boeing Corporation
- Dave Steel Company (particularly students pursuing civil or environmental engineering)
- Eaton Corporation Scholarship and Internship
- Anco L. Prak 2+2 Scholarship
To be eligible for an engineering scholarship, students must be enrolled full time at UNC Asheville (at least 12 credits per semester) and must follow an approved NC State Engineering curriculum. Students are eligible after having spent one year in the Joint Engineering Program. One application allows students to be considered for all appropriate engineering scholarships. See the application for further eligibility requirements.
Fill out the application form (PDF) and email or bring it to the address below by April 1 to be considered for an award in the upcoming year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- Award decisions will be communicated as soon as possible.
- Students must submit a new application each spring for consideration in the upcoming academic year.
204H Rhoades Robinson Hall, UNC Asheville
- The recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better each semester to retain the scholarship.
- Scholarship awards are typically divided equally between the two semesters. If a recipient earns less than a 3.0 in the fall semester, the award for the spring may be withdrawn.
- In general, scholarships do not automatically renew each year. Students must reapply.
For questions and inquiries, contact the Joint NCSU/UNCA Engineering Programs Office at 828.251.6640, email@example.com.