The following organizations have generously supported engineering programs on the UNC Asheville campus:
- American Institute of Industrial Engineers
- American Society for Quality Control (now American Society for Quality)
- Boeing Corporation
- Dave Steel Company (particularly students pursuing civil or environmental engineering)
- Eaton Corporation
To be eligible for an engineering scholarship, students must plan to be enrolled full time at UNC Asheville (at least 12 credits per semester) and must follow an approved NC State Engineering curriculum. One general application (PDF) allows students to be considered for all appropriate engineering scholarships. Continuing UNC Asheville students may apply for scholarships and must earn a 3.0 GPA in the current semester and maintain a 3.0 cumulative GPA to be eligible.
Fill out the application form and submit it to the address below by April 15 to be considered for an award in the upcoming year.
- Incomplete applications will not be considered
- Award decisions will be communicated as soon as possible
- Students must submit a new application each spring for consideration in the upcoming academic year
NC State University Engineering Programs Office
UNC Asheville CPO# 2360
One University Heights
Asheville, NC 28804-8599
- The recipient must compose a letter of appreciation to the scholarship donor. The Financial Aid Office will provide address information and letter-writing assistance if necessary.
- The recipient must attend the UNC Asheville Scholars Luncheon in October.
- The recipient must maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better each semester to retain the scholarship.
- Scholarship awards are typically divided equally between the two semesters. If a recipient earns less than a 3.0 in the fall semester, the award for the spring may be withdrawn.
For questions and inquiries, contact the UNC Asheville Engineering Office at 828.251.6640, email@example.com.