Highly ranked academics. Award-winning faculty. Groundbreaking research. The College of Engineering at NC State creates a first-class educational experience for students.
Solving Real-World Problems
What do bridges, cell phones, roller coasters, computer games and prosthetics have in common? They are all engineered.
The College of Engineering has 12 highly ranked, accredited departments offering 18 bachelor’s, 21 master’s and 13 doctoral degrees in engineering and computer science fields that touch every aspect of our lives.
Through its state-of-the-art facilities, advanced computer resources and world-class faculty, the College integrates education and research, giving our undergraduate and graduate students opportunities to solve real-world problems in classroom, field and laboratory settings.
For students who are unable to come to campus, our Engineering Online program offers degree opportunities through the Internet.
Academic Departments Offering Engineering Degrees
- Biomedical Engineering (BME)*
- Chemical and Biomolecular Engineering (CBE)
- Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering (CCEE)
- Computer Science (CSC)
- Electrical and Computer Engineering (ECE)
- Edward P. Fitts Industrial and Systems Engineering (ISE)
- Materials Science and Engineering (MSE)
- Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering (MAE)
- Nuclear Engineering (NE)
*The joint Department of Biomedical Engineering is co-located at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill and NC State University
Academic Departments in Other Colleges Offering Engineering Degrees
- Biological and Agricultural Engineering (BAE)
- Forest Biomaterials (FB)
- Textile Engineering, Chemistry and Science (TECS)