Faculty, students and alumni with NC State’s Department of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering (CCEE) were prominent at this year’s Annual Conference of the Air & Waste Management Association, held June 25-28, 2018, in Hartford, Conn.
- Dr. H. Christopher Frey delivered the 48th Annual Critical Review on June 26 regarding “Trends in Onroad Transportation Energy and Emissions.”
- Dr. Morton Barlaz received the Richard I. Stessel Waste Management Award.
- Alumnus Dr. Joshua Fu (Ph.D., 2000) received the Lyman A. Ripperton Environmental Educator Award.
- Graduate students Nikhil Rastogi, Weichang Yuan and Tongchuan Wei delivered papers in the main technical program, and graduate student James East delivered a paper in the student poster competition. Rastogi won first place and Yuan won second place for best student papers in the main technical program, and East won first prize for the best master’s student poster.
- Alumnus Dr. Provat Saha (Ph.D., 2017) received a second place best dissertation award.