is a cornerstone of Engineering Faculty Advancement
The College of Engineering and Office of Faculty Advancement celebrated the critical role that many of the College’s professors play in the development of junior faculty members.
Teaching Professors Learning Community
The college of engineering teaching professors learning community has been formed to create a community with shared goals and interests.
Faculty sages provide guidance in the form of coaching and mentoring to faculty of all ranks.
Additional Mentoring Resources
Resources for Mentoring:
- Making the Most of Mentorship
- Multicultural Student Affairs – Peer Mentor Program
- Student Mentor Association
Resources for Mentoring Undergraduate Students:
- Office of Undergraduate Research:
- Best Mentoring Practices – The Office of Undergraduate Research is committed to helping foster healthy and productive mentor/student relationships. The advice and direction provided by faculty mentors are crucial to the success of students in their research endeavors.
- Five Effective Strategies for Mentoring Undergraduates: Students’ Perspectives – An article in the Spring 2013 issue of CUR Quarterly, published by the Council on Undergraduate Research.
- Finding a Mentor – How to find a mentor and develop the mentor-mentee relationship
Resources for Mentoring Graduate Students:
- The University of Michigan’s “How to Get the Mentoring You Want: A Guide for Graduate Students”
- Lead Graduate Professional Skills Collaborative
Resources for Mentoring Faculty:
- Faculty Mentoring and Retention
- Faculty Mentoring Handbook
- Doctoral Mentoring Fellows
- Extension Mentoring Program
- Faculty Diversity’s Faculty Mentoring and Retention Resources
- “Mentoring: A Personal Perspective” by Lisa G. Bullard and Richard M Felder
- “Teaching to Teachers: A Case for Mentoring” by Richard M Felder
- “Helping New Faculty Get Off to a Good Start” by Rebecca Brent and Richard M. Felder
National Mentorship Resources:
Contact EFA → Email: email@example.com | Phone: 919.515.3639 | Address: 2016 Engr Bldg II