Ask An Engineer: What is Artemis?
What is Artemis?
With the recent successful launch of Artemis 1, NASA’s Space Launch System (SLS) rocket, interest and excitement in space exploration is on the rise.
Engineering Communications spoke with the Department of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering’s Dr. Andre Mazzoleni and Dr. Steven Berg to learn more about NASA’s Artemis program as well as student opportunities in research, rocketry and space exploration available at NC State.
Watch the full interview below.
Artemis 1 Flight Map
- Dr. Andre Mazzoleni (https://www.mae.ncsu.edu/people/apmaz…)
- Dr. Steven Berg (https://www.mae.ncsu.edu/people/spberg/)
- High-Powered Rocketry Club (https://ncsurocketry.org/)
- Liquid Rocketry Group (http://liquidrocketry.com/)
- Students for the Exploration and Development of Space Eds (https://getinvolved.ncsu.edu/organiza…)
- American Institute for Aeronautics and Astronautics (https://getinvolved.ncsu.edu/organiza…)
- RASC-AL project (https://rascal.nianet.org/)
- The Engineering Place (https://www.engr.ncsu.edu/theengineeringplace/)
- Learn more about Artemis (https://www.nasa.gov/specials/artemis/)