At the recommendation of the University of North Carolina System and NC State University Chancellor Randy Woodson related to the COVID-19 outbreak and recommended social distancing practices, the College of Engineering (COE) has decided to cancel the following events:
- COE Endowment Dinner, originally scheduled for Thursday, April 2, 2020, at the Jane S. McKimmon Center
- COE Leadership Reception, originally scheduled for Thursday, April 16, 2020, at Vaughn Towers at Carter-Finley Stadium
The safety of our alumni, students, faculty members and staff members is our top concern. In concert with academic coursework moving online, the Engineering Foundation and University Advancement staff will move to more remote schedules and very limited travel. Basic Engineering Foundation business operations will continue and staff members will be available by phone and email.
The College thanks you for your continued support and all your endowment does to secure the future of the College. The Engineering Foundation looks forward to thanking you in other ways in the months to come.
For questions regarding these changes, please contact Carissa Burroughs, lead event and donor relations coordinator, at 919.515.9975 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, the following student events held by Engineering Academic Affairs have been canceled:
- Engineering Open House, previously scheduled for Saturday, March 21
- Women and Minority Programs (WMEP) Overnight Stay, previously scheduled for Friday, March 20 through Saturday, March 21
- In-person information sessions and tours
For questions about the above events, please contact Lauren Carlton at 919.515.9637 or email@example.com.
More information on NC State’s response to the COVID-19 outbreak is available at https://www.ncsu.edu/coronavirus/.