||4-year Bachelor of Science degree in a field of engineering
- 2-year Associate of Applied Science degree in a field of engineering technology
- 4-year degrees available
- The 2-year degree is not transferable to college except toward a 4-year Bachelor of Technology degree.
- The 4-year degree is only partially transferable toward an engineering degree.
|Nature of Work
- Design, Development, Analysis, Testing, Project Management
- Generally based on a strong theoretical background
- Work with new or improving technology
- Hands-on, physical interaction
- Work with existing technology
|Given the example of a machine that makes widgets in the setting of a manufacturing facility, the job responsibilities are:
- Design the machine
- Analyze failures or problems
- Determine root cause and solution
- Redesign and test
- Operate the machine
- Perform maintenance
- Perform routine repairs
- Into Management and supervision is highly likely.
- Possibilities include captains of industry or US President.
|Shift supervisor, foreman
||Entry level is $35,000 - $55,000
||Entry level is $15,000 - $25,000