Become a Global Engineer
- Become familiar with campus and college contacts and resources.
- Participate in international high-impact experiences such as NC State Study Abroad Programs to increase your global knowledge in the areas of study, research, service, co-op and internship.
- Get involved with a student organization such as Engineers Without Borders.
- Pursue a Global Perspectives Certificate.
- Earn a scholarship for international study.
Scholarships are made available by the College of Engineering for international study, research and service. You can apply for scholarships via the Study Abroad office. Please contact them for more details.Study Abroad
Contacts and Resources
The following table lists important international resources at NC State. (See also the University’s overview on high-impact education opportunities.)
|Center for Student Leadership, Ethics and Public Service (CSLEPS)||CSLEPS offers international opportunities for students that include service-learning partnerships in more than 14 different countries.|
|Global Training Initiative (GTI)|
|Grand Challenge Scholars Program (GCSP)|
|NC Japan Center|
|Office of International Affairs (OIA)|
|Office of International Services (OIS)|
|Student Organizations||NC State has a variety of student organizations that provide an opportunity for international involvement.|
The following units may also offer opportunities for international work, study or internships.
|Career Development Center|
|Dual Degrees||Benjamin Franklin Scholars|
|Minors||Office of Undergraduate Courses & Curricula and Academic Standards