Fall / Winter 2022 NC State Engineering Magazine
- STEPS Center takes on phosphorus sustainability
- College appoints assistant dean for diversity, equity and inclusion
- Long-duration hypersonic research facility will be first in Southeast
- COE alumnus honored for supercomputing innovations
- ISE alumna returns to women’s basketball program
- Here comes the solar-powered car
- In animal study, implant churns out CAR-T cells to combat cancer
Up In The Air
Experimental testbeds on Centennial Campus will help usher in the future of drones and wireless communication.
Inside labs in Fitts-Woolard Hall, engineering researchers are testing wastewater to identify trends.
Esports for the pack
One of the largest collegiate esports arenas in the U.S. will be built at NC State with funding from the North Carolina General Assembly.
10 years of wearable device breakthroughs
The Advanced Self-Powered Systems of Integrated Sensors and Technologies (ASSIST) Center graduated from its National Science Foundation funding this year.
A better engineering education
NC State’s College of Engineering and College of Education collaborated to form a joint Engineering Education program.
Summer on campus
K-12 students returned to NC State for in-person engineering summer camps for the first time since 2019.
- ‘The right thing to do’: MAE alumnus gives back to WMEP
- A one-of-a-kind pair
- Inspiring Engineers event series promotes NC State engineering excellence
- Taking a seat at the table
- Working hard to give back
- From the board: NCSEF Board of Directors takes action to grow women leadership
- Engineering Foundation welcomes two new employees
- Young alumni board adds 10 new members
- Foundation Year in Review
- Alumna Abby Lampe makes history as the World Champion of Cheese Rolling
NC State Engineering Magazine
Vol. XIVII, Issue II
Louis A. Martin-Vega
▪ John Gilligan, Executive Associate Dean of Engineering
▪ Deborah B. Young (CE ’77), President, Board of Directors, NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc.
▪ Griffin Lamb, Assistant Dean for Development and College Relations and Executive Director, NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc.
Senior Associate Editor
Will Briggs ▪ Matt Stevens
Lesa Bressanelli ▪ Allison DeBusk ▪ Matt Shipman ▪ Jie Sun
ASSIST Center ▪ Christopher Bailey ▪ Tony Blevins ▪ Meredith Biechele ▪ Josh Bowman ▪ Ben Burgess ▪ Lucas Carpenter ▪ Patrick Carroll ▪ Darshan Divakaran ▪ Julie Dixon ▪ Steffanie Easter ▪ Ella Mari Studio ▪ Tyler Ellington ▪ Jim Fischer ▪ Jeff Garwood ▪ Alexandra Goodnight ▪ Suzanne Gordon ▪ Marc Hall ▪ Dale Hopkins ▪ Becky Kirkland ▪ Conor Kennedy ▪ Rachel Kennedy ▪ Abby Lampe ▪ Gayle Lanier ▪ Zac Lentz ▪ Jackie MacDonald Gibson ▪ Beverly McKim ▪ Barbara Mulkey ▪ Michael Sanderson ▪ Mihail Sichitiu ▪ SolarPack ▪ Space Foundation ▪ Special Collections Research Center, North Carolina State University Libraries ▪ Ken Stevens ▪ Charlie Townsend ▪ Radhika Venkatraman ▪ Gil West ▪ Andrew Yates ▪ Deborah Young
Office of the Dean
College of Engineering
Campus Box 7901, NC State University
Raleigh, NC 27695-7901
NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc.
Update Your Record
Send address corrections to email@example.com or call 919.515.7458, toll free 866.316.4057.
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is dedicated to equality of opportunity within its community. Accordingly, NC State University does not practice or condone discrimination, in any form, against students, employees, or applicants on the grounds of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, veteran status, or disability. NC State University commits itself to positive action to secure equal opportunity regardless of those characteristics.
NC State Engineering Alumni Magazine is produced by the NC State Engineering Foundation, Inc. and Engineering Communications. No state funds are used. 70,000 copies of this document were printed at a cost of $61,250 on partially recycled paper. © 2022