Rebecca Brent and Richard Felder
Richard Felder, Hoechst Celanese Professor Emeritus of Chemical Engineering, NC State University. Coauthor of Elementary Principles of Chemical Processes (4th edition, Wiley, 201) and hundreds of articles on chemical process engineering and engineering and science education.
Rebecca Brent, President, Education Designs, Inc., Cary, NC. Educational consultant, program evaluator, faculty and graduate student development facilitator and former professor of education at East Carolina University
Drs. Felder and Brent have presented several hundred workshops on effective teaching in engineering and the sciences on campuses and at conferences throughout the world. Between 1991 and 2015, they codirected the American Society for Engineering Education’s National Effective Teaching Institute.They most recently co-authored Teaching and Learning STEM: A Practical Guide which “presents a trove of practical research-based strategies for designing and teaching STEM courses at the university, community college, and high school levels.’ Many of their publications can be found on Dr. Felder’s website.
The following list is representative of NC State faculty members and administrators who also present at the New Faculty Orientation Workshop:
- Joel Ducoste, Associate Dean for Faculty Advancement, College of Engineering, Professor of Civil, Construction, and Environmental Engineering, and Assistant Dean of Graduate Student Advancement
- John G. Gilligan, Executive Associate Dean of Engineering for Research and Graduate Programs, College of Engineering, and Professor of Nuclear Engineering
- Louis Martin-Vega, Dean of the College of Engineering and Professor of Industrial and Systems Engineering
- Directors of Research Administration
- Directors of Undergraduate Programs and Teaching Professors
- Department Heads