Fall 2023 and Spring 2024
NC State Engineering
Wednesday, September 20, 2023
Thursday, September 21, 2023
Tuesday, February 6, 2024
Registration not required for students.
Employer parking only at McKimmon Center
No student parking at the McKimmon Center.
Please use the shuttle.
Students are required to take the shuttle to the McKimmon Center for The Engineering Career Fair. Parking is not permitted for students and is only available for employers with designated passes.
How To Prepare
Career Fair In-Person
- NO BACKPACKS
- NC State students may enter the in-person event at 9:30 am.
- Non-NC State attendees may enter the in-person event at 10:30 am.
- Take the Shuttle!Students are not permitted to park at McKimmon Center.
- Engineering Career Fair shuttles operate for the in-person event 8:30 am – 4:30 pm; pick-up locations are Coliseum Deck, Centennial Campus, and Carter Finley Gate B. All routes go to McKimmon Center.
- Shuttle Map
- Employer parking only at McKimmon Center
Post Registration and Appointment/Interview Tips
- Check ePACK for job postings.
- Apply online if requested by employers.
- Dress professionally: business casual (interns/co-ops), traditional interview (new grads).
- Be sure to get the contact info of the employer. This info is not available after your the career fair.
- Attend NC State Engineering Career Fair Team Office Hours. These will be publicized near the time of the event.
- Help employers get to know you and what you have to offer (your strengths and interests).
- Show interest and enthusiasm – ask questions.
- Employers may ask you to apply online.
- Thank them for their time, state your interest and ask about the next steps in the process.
- Jot a few notes to remember details of important conversations
- Email a brief thank you note to employers of interest. Let them know what steps you’ve taken (applied online, requested an interview), and attach a copy of your resume.
- Save recruiter contact info for the future and follow up when appropriate.
The Engineering Career Fair provides an opportunity for prospective employers from a wide range of industries to meet with engineering students interested in working for their companies.
Look who’s coming! View our Participating Companies.
Need resume or interviewing tips?
Learn how to succeed at the Engineering Career Fair!
You are strongly encouraged to seek out and take advantage of the many resources available to engineering students through the Career Development Center.
Please dress professionally and ensure your virtual environment is professional.
- Career Fair Checklist
Know what to do before, during and after the fair to maximize your success.
Set up your ePACK account before the fair. Employers use ePACK to post internships, entry-level jobs, information sessions, and virtual interviews associated with the fair.
- Co-op Orientation
Attend a co-op orientation beforehand so that you are prepared to discuss co-op opportunities with companies at the fair.
- Career Guide
Refer to this indispensable resource — a student favorite — to view the 4-year career plan, sample resumes, interview guidelines and tips for success on the job.
- Talk to the Career Center’s Professional Staff.
Interested in Volunteering for the NC State Engineering Career Fair?
This is a great opportunity to become more involved with the college, get face time with companies and make valuable connections. If you are interested in volunteering for the NC State Engineering Career Fair, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Sign-Up Sheet (linked below), and you will be contacted before the upcoming NC State Engineering Career Fair with more specifics.