Fall 2021 and Spring 2022 Virtual NC State Engineering Career Fair
Our Fall 2021 Virtual Engineering Career Fair is scheduled for September 14 and 15 and the Spring 2022 Virtual Engineering Career Fair is on Tuesday, February 1, 2022.Download The Career Fair Plus App Today!
How to register, schedule appointments and prepare for a virtual career fair:
Career Fair Registration and Scheduling
- NC State students and alumni with NC State email addresses can book appointments with recruiters starting Friday, August 27, 2021 at 5 PM.
- Non-NC State attendees and alumni with gmail addresses can book appointments beginning Wednesday, September 1 at 8:30 am.
- Career Fair Plus recognizes @ncsu.edu and @gmail.com email addresses only.
Post Registration and Appointment/Interview Tips
- Check ePACK for job postings.
- If you are selected for an interview, it will be virtual via Career Fair Plus or the platform of recruiter’s choice. We are encouraging recruiters to schedule the virtual interviews on 9/15 and 9/16, but they may schedule at any time, convenient for the recruiter and candidate.
- Apply online if requested by employers.
- Dress professionally: business casual (interns/co-ops), traditional interview (new grads). Set up your virtual environment ahead of time. Be sure and include your phone number in case your internet connection is interrupted during the interview.
- Be sure to get the contact info of the person who interviews you. This info is not available after your interview.
- Attend NC State Engineering Career Fair Team Office Hours. These will be publicized near the time of the event.
- Help employers get to know you and what you have to offer (your strengths and interests).
- Show interest and enthusiasm – ask questions.
- Employers will have the resume that you uploaded to your Career Fair Plus account. They may ask you to apply online.
- Thank them for their time, state your interest and ask about the next steps in the process.
- Jot a few notes to remember details of important conversations
- Email a brief thank you note to employers of interest. Let them know what steps you’ve taken (applied online, requested an interview), and attach a copy of your resume.
- Save recruiter contact info for the future and follow up when appropriate.
The Engineering Career Fair provides an opportunity for prospective employers from a wide range of industries to meet with engineering students interested in working for their companies.
Look who’s coming! See our Participating Companies.
Need Resume or Interviewing Tips?
Learn How To Succeed At The Career Fair Today!Learn How To Succeed At The Career Fair Today!
You are strongly encouraged to seek out and take advantage of the many resources available to engineering students through the Career Development Center.
Please dress professionally and ensure your virtual environment is professional.
- Career Fair Checklist
Know what to do before, during and after the fair to maximize your success.
Set up your ePACK account before the fair. Employers use ePACK to post internships, entry-level jobs, information sessions, and virtual interviews associated with the fair.
- Co-op Orientation
Attend a co-op orientation beforehand so that you are prepared to discuss co-op opportunities with companies at the fair.
- Career Guide
Refer to this indispensable resource — a student favorite — to view the 4-year career plan, sample resumes, interview guidelines and tips for success on the job.
- Talk to the Career Center’s Professional Staff.
Interested in Volunteering for the NC State Engineering Career Fair?
This is a great opportunity to become more involved with the college, get face time with companies and make valuable connections. If you are interested in volunteering for the NC State Engineering Career Fair, please fill out the Volunteer Interest Sign-Up Sheet (linked below), and you will be contacted before the upcoming NC State Engineering Career Fair with more specifics.Sign Up To Learn More About Volunteer Opportunities