The Engineering Ambassador Team: Recruitment
The College of Engineering at NC State is seeking highly qualified students to serve on our Engineering Ambassador team during the 2023-24 academic year.
Engineering Ambassadors provide high-quality service throughout the College of Engineering, develop leadership skills, and further personal and professional growth. They are involved with activities related to outreach, recruiting, retention, and most importantly, student success. They also promote the goals of NC State, our College of Engineering, and First-Year Engineering and act as mentors to younger students.
Engineering Ambassadors should be enthusiastic and have a good work ethic. They work an average of 10 hours a week with occasional nights and weekends and participate in leadership training. Opportunities exist to work over the summer as well.
The Engineering Ambassador Team is composed of undergraduate engineering students who promote the goals of our College of Engineering and NC State University.
If you would like to apply, please select “New Applicant” at the bottom of this page and you will be redirected to an ePACK application. Applications have closed for selecting new 2023-24 Engineering Ambassador team members.
Applications open each academic year in late November.
- High level of personal and professional character; willingness to develop leadership skills; commitment to serving on a team; dedication to delivering more than what is asked.
- Enthusiasm about the impact of engineering, our College, and NC State.
- Availability to serve on our Team for at least 3 semesters.
- Availability to participate in the fall of the first year on the team (i.e. not away on co-op).
- Must have satisfactory academic progress toward a degree in the College of Engineering and be in good standing with the university.
- Successful CODA/transfer into one of the 18 COE degree programs by the fall of the first year on the team.
- Interviews will occur throughout January and February 2023.
- Attend Engineering Ambassador Team training (Monday before fall classes begin).
Serve our College of Engineering with the preparation and implementation of events, such as:
- College of Engineering Information Sessions & Recruiting Receptions
- University Open House & Engineering Open House
- K-12 Outreach & STEM Nights
- Teaching Assistant for E 101 and/or E 102/E 144
- NC State Engineering Career Fair
- Freshman Engineering Design Day
- College of Engineering Welcome & Wolfpack Welcome Week
- Recognition of Graduates Ceremony
- Other duties as assigned
Please apply in ePack
Job Posting: 172112