Freshman Admission

Read about the criteria for freshman admission and the First Year Engineering Program.

Transfer Admission

If you attended college after graduating from high school (or after earning the GED) then you are considered a transfer applicant. There are special admission and degree requirements for students transferring into the College. Find out which courses will transfer and get answers to frequently asked questions.

Undergraduate Engineering Partnerships with Other Institutions

When you participate in dual degree programs or 2+2 programs with our partner institutions, you begin your instruction at the partner institution and then transfer to and attend NC State in Raleigh to complete your engineering degree.

There are also two site-based degree programs in Havelock and Asheville, N.C., that allow you to earn an undergraduate engineering degree from NC State without having to move to Raleigh.

Visit the College of Engineering

Visit our College and participate in one of the weekly information sessions that we offer to prospective students and their families.