| 2007 New Faculty |
Paul H. Cohen
Edgar S. Woolard Distinguished Professor and Head,
Edward P. Fitts Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering
PhD (1982), Ohio State University
Micro/nano properties and processing, plastic deformation processes and tribology.
Cohen received his BS (1976) from the Department of Industrial Engineering at the University of Rhode Island and his MS (1979) and PhD (1982) from the Department of Industrial and Systems Engineering at Ohio State University. Cohen's work has focused on the modeling of plastic deformation processes, development of new tooling materials and tribology. His more recent research has examined properties and processes at the nano-scale. He has also worked at Battelle Memorial Institute and the Wanskuck Co. performing metalworking research, served in leadership roles in industry-based university research centers, published over 100 papers and served in editorial positions for leading journals. Cohen has won numerous awards from the Institute of Industrial Engineers, Society of Manufacturing Engineers and American Society for Engineering Education and National Science Foundation. He is the chair-elect of the Council of Fellows of the Institute of Industrial Engineers.
- J. Park, Q. Liu, C. Zhang, R. Liang, B. Wang, J. Pignatiello, J. Brooks, K. McBeardy, P. Cohen, R. Wysk, “Electro-Machining Using Metal Coated AFM Tip and Single-Walled Carbon Nanotube Buckeypaper Films,” Proceedings of 6th Multifunctional Nanocomposite International Conference, Honolulu, HI, September 20-22, 2006.
- P.H. Cohen, M. Lovell, “Friction Between Deformable Surfaces in Machining,” Proceedings of the Industrial Engineering Research Conference, 2007.
- K.M. Fox, J.R. Hellmann, H. Izui, M.F. Amateau, W. Fu, P.H. Cohen, “Laminated WC-Co Composites for Tribological Applications,” pp. 179-190 in Ceramic Transactions, Vol. 154, Innovative Processing and Synthesis of Ceramics, Glasses and Composites VII. Edited by J.P. Singh and N. P. Bansal. American Ceramic Society, Westerville, OH, 2003.
- S. Kamarthi, S. Kumara, P.H. Cohen, “Flank Wear Estimation Through Wavelet Representation of Acoustic Emission Signals,” Journal of Manufacturing Science and Engineering, 122, (12) 2000.
- R. Marwanga, R.C. Voigt, P.H. Cohen, “Influence of Graphite Morphology and Matrix Structure on Chip Formation During Machining of Gray Cast Iron,” AFS Transactions, Vol. 106, 2000.
(New Faculty Profile Published: 2007)