Faculty and Staff
Cutting-edge researchers. Go-to experts. Problem solvers. Our faculty members are ready to change the world. But they won’t do it alone — it takes the critical support of dedicated staff members to keep the College of Engineering moving. Together, they form an enterprising team, driven to transform our world through discovery, learning and innovation.
- 14 National Academy of Engineering members
- 2 Directors of National Science Foundation (NSF) Engineering Research Centers
- 2 National Medal of Technology and Innovation recipients
- 61 NSF Career Award winners since 2000
- 1 US Army Commander’s Award recipient for life-saving military technology
- 1 Emmy Award recipient for plasma display technology
- 1 National Inventors Hall of Fame member
- 1 Electronic Design Hall of Fame member
- 1 North Carolina Award for Science recipient
- 3 faculty among AIChE 100 Engineers of the Modern Era
- 5 Presidential Awards for Excellence in Science, Mathematics and Engineering Mentoring winners
The Office of Faculty Advancement
Connecting faculty members with the right people can build dynamic academic careers, and the Office of Faculty Advancement* in the College of Engineering wants to make that happen. The office runs research proposal workshops, holds networking sessions and coordinates faculty visits to funding agencies.
The office is led by Dr. Christine Grant, associate dean of faculty advancement and professor of chemical and biomolecular engineering, who works to connect knowledge-seeking faculty members with those who can help them succeed.
For more information, please visit the Faculty Advancement Portal.
*Formerly known as the Office of Faculty Development and Special Initiatives